This is my blog. It's been going for a couple of years now. I'll keep writing in it from time to time, often for no particular reason.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Sit down in the boat!

Boat to Leticia - Take Two. Headed down to the port yesterday only to discover the boat won't leave until today. So it's three more days of hammocks and dubbed Van Damme movies until we arrive in Leticia (Colombian side of the tri-border area with Brazil and Peru). Got a tip-off this morning that if we go and meet 'crazy ivan' at 'el sabor' in Leticia he can help us get onto an early morning military plane to Bogotá. Will keep you posted on that one.

In other news Lucas has managed to upload some mp3's of South American pop that has literally become the sound track for this trip, click the title of this post to go and listen. Every cafe, club, radio station, anything is constantly playing these songs and we're are now addicted to them as much as the next man or woman here. I won't even begin to describe the film clips, particularly for Za Za Za, I'll just leave it at girls in minimal attire.

I've also got two new links, Videos and Music, only two videos due to being such large files.

Rod - I was also suprised when the guys insisted that we hold onto their heads, I had envisaged a couple of big friendly snakes sitting calmly on our shoulders, not a furious anaconda and a boa that the handlers ran away from as well.

Eleanor - I am considering changing my name to Atreyu and calling either Lucas or my backpack - Falcor. The Neverending Story rocks

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a quick Happy Birthday for Sunday...I'm sure you'll party in true South American style...try not to get kidnapped in Colombia and keep your noses out of the white stuff...
ps - liked the Uncle Peter reference...

Friday, May 27, 2005 4:53:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I thought the Neverending Story was an allegory for heroin addiction - riding the white dragon? Maybe it's Colombian party powder.

Saturday, May 28, 2005 3:16:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home