This is my blog. It's been going for a couple of years now. I'll keep writing in it from time to time, often for no particular reason.

Friday, January 18, 2008

The Report

I've just received some fairly exciting news.

From September to November last year I was rising at 6:15am most mornings (early for me) to start work at 7am, go to Uni, write essays or do a combination of these things throughout the day. It was the busiest I've ever been in my life and was under more pressure (mainly from myself) than ever before.

The job I was doing was a cost-effectiveness analysis of the regulating the solarium industry in Australia. Basically the number of melanomas that would be saved and how much it would cost to regulate the industry - plus all the background on UV light and skin cancers. 'The report' (as it infamously became known to Heather and anyone else feeling the brunt of my rapidly burning out mind) was finished in mid-November (as I was doing final exams) and presented to the government a week later.

The report was released publicly this previous Monday and has got a fair amount of attention from the media. Louisa Gordon (the woman I wrote it with) went on the TODAY show the other day and has been chased by the media for interviews and comments.

So anyway. I was just feeling a bit proud (deadly sin I know) of 'the report' given how hard it was to write in 2 months while trying my best at full-time Uni.

If anyone is interested in reading bits of 'the report'.

http://www.arpansa.gov.au/pubs/rhc/QIMR_solaria07.pdf

I wrote Chapters 1, 2, 3, half of 4 and 6 (this the cost-effectiveness analysis).

Some pics are also up of our first few days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ingrid and Tom said...

Congratulations Nick! Am not about to read it on a tired Friday evening, but considering the topic, am very interested!

Saturday, January 19, 2008 4:02:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home