This is my blog. It's been going for a couple of years now. I'll keep writing in it from time to time, often for no particular reason.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekly Round-up:

Hello troops – Well it’s been a week since my last informative and action packed post so I thought I’d dazzle you all again. Hmmmm the week in review….

Friday night: I had a quiet one, went to the gym, new PB on squats in England, but still not as good as Canberra.
Saturday: Fairly quiet day, did the food shopping, well overdue. Wasn’t planning on going out then got an avalanche of encouragement to join John, Pat and Cowlsy at a pub in town. If you’re not going to give in to peer pressure then what’s the point of having peers I say. I knew the boot would be on the other foot later on….
Sunday: Hungover and tired. Dee from Buenos Aires visited for lunch, then Georgia and her sister came round and we all chilled in the same spot for five hours – in fact thinking back, I spent almost the entire day in the same 5 square metres. Which is pretty standard – how scary.
Monday – Wake. Tube. Work. Tube. Gym. Netball. Sleep.
Tuesday – Wake. Tube. Work. Tube. Gym. Sleep.
Wednesday – Wake. Tube. Work. Tube. Sleep
Thursday – Wake. Tube. Work. Tube. House hunt. Sleep
Friday - Wake. Tube. Work. Tube. Pub for St Patricks Day.

In an expected but concerning development, my gym membership has expired which means I will be without my trusty squat rack and pieces of steel for quite possibly over a week. Whether I can cope with the absence only time will tell. But I am already looking at small cars and barbell shaped people with a twitch in my quads. My only comfort is the scientifically proven fact that ‘Guinness makes you strong’ and today is St. Patrick’s day.

The most exciting development at work is that a report I have written is getting published next week with a national press release. Never one to go back through an exam or proof read my own work I am sure there blaring mistakes and my subliminal communist message will have been distorted somewhat.

To anyone who thinks Aussie bureaucrats talk a lot of jargon and hot air – you should have a listen to you average middle manager in the UK. Succinctness ain’t a KPI.

Phew. Just ate two feet of baguette with falafel and bacon and egg. And I haven’t moved from my desk all morning or lunchtime and probably won’t be moving until I go home. How’s that for a sedentary lifestyle!

I think March is the month of sleet, it has been steadily flitting down for days now, I still have hope that the sun exists and will offer warmth and comfort one day.

[WEEKEND PASSES]

Well it’s Monday morning now – I didn’t finish writing the post before, possibly because I was bored with typing and looking at a computer screen. Computers and email and electronic stuff is actually quite exciting when you only see one every few days. But when you have to stare at one for 7-8 hours a day they lose their appeal somewhat.

Netball Grand Final tonight. We are up against our nemesis, it is 1-1 so far in the previous two encounters, although we had a slight advantage in the game we won – so we’ll need something a bit special to pull it off tonight. Our defence will win it, rebounding and keeping their shooters to a difficult distance. Carmel will dominate the centre court as usual and I will make sure we score every time the ball makes it into our circle. It will be a good one…..not going to work today – just focus on netball….

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

We lost netball. Robbed by the umpire, one of the worst displays of officiating I have suffered. Almost knocked a girl out with my shoulder, so that was some consolation.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:42:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home