This is my blog. It's been going for a couple of years now. I'll keep writing in it from time to time, often for no particular reason.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Back to business

Had a great dinner with my brother Lukas and his wife Amy last night. It only just occurred to me as I was leaving that I now have a new sister, how exciting! I still won't have a sister that I'm related to by blood though (because you're adopted Gini).

Feeling substantially better today, as I was well aware yesterday that the negative thoughts were due to being tired. I have decided that I'll keep my opinions off this site from now on, someone mentioned that I need to avoid having a 'holier than thou' attitude, and I realised that venting my frustrations in the form of an ideological rant might come across as though I think I'm some sort of Ghandi character, void of the same greeds and vanities as everyone else. Once again I forget that when many people read this site they take me quite seriously and think I would say these sorts of things in a conversation, this isn't a conversation, just a ramble in my head which changes from day to day.

Funnily enough I don't have the same gut wrenching desire to get in the gym and haul some metal around that I used to have, although a few good bone snapping sessions will get the endorphin addiction back to full throttle in no time I'm sure.

Lucas is off to an interview with a recruitment agency this afternoon and I'm heading to Oxford for the weekend to catch up with a friend we met in South America, and then I'll get the bus to Bury St Edmunds on Monday morning. Bank Account, NHS number, NIS number, Social Security office, gym and job hunting is my list of high priorities when I arrive in Bury - as well as having a great time with the family on their summer holidays. We have ourselves a little collection of Latin American music that brings a tear to my eye every time I hear them. Our aeroplane yesterday had a Latin American music channel that we remained glued to for the duration of the flight, and as we touched down our favourite song from the whole trip came on...
Volverte a ver
Es lo que quiero hacer
Volverte a ver
(something) puedo reponer
Porque sin ti
Mi vida no yo soy feliz
Porque sin ti
Mi vida no tiene raiz
Basically translates as - I'm coming back to see you. And we will be back in South America.

I've also re-allowed the comment feature if anyone wants to send me some more hate mail, just no bad language please or I'll have to silence to dissidents again.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Telling me I'm adopted isn't going to change the fact that I am the favourite child, always have been, always will be.

Sunday, July 31, 2005 4:04:00 pm

 
Blogger futureshock101 said...

Dude I wouldnt stop the rant.... this blog is about you not about catering to other peoples needs...And besides alot of what you write is true (except when it contridicts what I write...hehehe) Write it all...Shot from the hip... People don't like it that's their problem...oh and don't worry I know you're not holy ;-)

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 6:54:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree you should be able to write about what you want, it's your journey and I think you write really well and talk about the things that are important to you. I want to hear your thoughts and feelings even if they may not be what other people think - so keep doing it!! Though I'm guessing the stories will be slightly less colourful in England. Stay safe. Eleanor

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 3:39:00 pm

 
Blogger Nick said...

I'll certainly make an effort to get up to mischief in order to keep the stories interesting. Or maybe I can sensationalise everyday things - hmmm maybe 'A Current Affair' might steal my stories then....

Thursday, August 04, 2005 2:06:00 am

 
Blogger Nick said...

Oh and Gini - you have interpreted sympathy for that large goiter on your cheek as being the favourite child.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 2:09:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'll find a goiter is an enlarged thyriod gland, therefore would not be found on my cheek. Did you pass grade 10?

Sunday, August 21, 2005 12:56:00 pm

 
Blogger Nick said...

no. neither did you. you have no neck - hence your thyroid lives in your face.

Thursday, August 25, 2005 2:29:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home