This is my blog. It's been going for a couple of years now. I'll keep writing in it from time to time, often for no particular reason.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

E-People

The plans for the future keep changing by the day, first it was quiet little job in the English countryside, then it was an early return to South America, then back to the countryside plan, but am now leaning right in favour of my worst nightmare - a full-time office job in the big city. A couple of factors influencing this decision - better money and better experience (which equals longer and sooner travels), sharing a flat with Lucas and tackling Europe as a team instead of leaving him to slave away in solitude while I sleep in, play on the trampoline and go on glowing summer sunset bike rides with my cousins. So I have temporarily shelved my plans to be the worlds best postman, and have brought my suit down to London (shudders down the spine when I saw my shirts and ties again, urrrgghhh) for an interview with a public sector recruitment agency.

I'm thinking it would be prudent of me to NOT let them read these posts, as they might get the idea that I despise the very thing I'm asking them for....

But in the meantime I think I'll try and get some work at the Newmarket horse stables and have some adventures down to Cornwall, and possible purchase an automobile of equal quality and character as the mighty vehicle that I entrusted to my brother in my absence (which I hear will be given some racing stripes shortly).

Sadly though I have had no brain exploding experiences of late, but I've got my eyes open and am in a state of cat-like readiness for any chances for adventure that come along.....

Why did call this post e-people? That's right, just had been thinking about the divergence of (or creation of, or difference between) people's personalities and their e-personalities. An interesting topic I think.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

THANKS MIKE!! SOUNDS GREAT!!

Thursday, August 18, 2005 5:48:00 pm

 
Blogger futureshock101 said...

Bloody advertising posting a comment hey brother! Well that just shows how much power the enemy has!!!!

Well had a great time on the country side and you can count on the team continuing into Europe and well beyond that mate! Training for the 8000m peak begins in October.... can't wait!

Oh, and you better not blame me for dragging you off your arse agin dude! I would hope you realised that it was the right decision yourself.... Then again I have you to thank to a large extent for me staying in the UK...

See you soon mate.

LK

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:55:00 am

 
Blogger Nick said...

I would have been dole bludging in Bury until I got a job unless someone took the iniative and planned some side trips. That damned wealth effect....

Thursday, August 25, 2005 2:27:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home