This is my blog. It's been going for a couple of years now. I'll keep writing in it from time to time, often for no particular reason.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Cornwallian paaasties

Some time since my last plunge into the world of blogging. And after a few moderately uneventful weeks I have managed to dapple my life with events worth describing.

After the skull crushing frustration feeling I was having in Bury I suddenly felt much better - partially because my planned trip to Cornwall drew ever nearer and also because I was paid a visit by Emma, a one-legged toothless slapper from Newcastle (far north England...). Not really, for those who browse the galleries you will have noticed her lovely Oxfordshire face popping up in some of our nights out in Cusco. Well since arriving in England we have been seeing each other on a regular basis and have upgraded the relationship from 'reminiscing travellers' to 'reminiscing girlfriend/boyfriend travellers'. You may also recall that she was on her gap year (ie. aged 19). A controversial age gap that some people believe a little too large, but my father and role model has already set precedent with an unbeatable age difference with mum ('Do as I say not as I do' is drifting back to me from childhood years). There is never a moment when I feel older or more mature and only find myself justifying the age difference in anticipation of any possible raised eyebrows from concerned morals police. Anyway, the important thing is that I am happy.

In other news I am now in London for a few days of extra job hunting and house searches. Looks like accommodation will be easy enough to find - but a job will still take a little longer - but my first dole cheque should be through next week - woohoo! God save the Queen and her Jobseeker Assistance.

Oooh I am also praying to every god of every religion that we win this last Test Match - making all sorts of promises to them so if I come home with one of those Muslim contracts on my head (what are they called again - like Salman Rushdie?) then I wouldn't be suprised. Let us pray that someone other than Shane Warne contributes. Durka durka jihad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fatwa....and Billy Bowden the infidel has already had one placed on his head...give one Billy, please give one!!!

Friday, September 09, 2005 2:58:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the description was pretty accurate....but i did always think the wooden leg had fooled you.....
Bad luck about the ashes-you have my deepest, sincerest, heart felt condolences!!!!!

Friday, September 16, 2005 3:34:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home