This is my blog. It's been going for a couple of years now. I'll keep writing in it from time to time, often for no particular reason.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Paint dries faster than grass grows

Careful analysis over the past few weeks has lead me to conclude that paint does in fact dry faster than grass grows - I have watched each process like a hawk.

Besides the exciting scientific experiment above I have been spending much of my time at the Library (not stuck in volumes of educational material however- using the internet) and have started going to the gym again. The early morning running with Beth (eldest female cousin) suddenly improved this morning as I finished our two mile run faster than ever before, with a sprint finish and was barely puffing - looks like the gym work is starting to pay off (I have started a bit of muscular endurance work on the legs in preparation for Nepal - still a long way to go). So I'm feeling a bit good that my old fitness levels are starting to return, I was worrying that after such a long lay off it would be difficult to get back into it.

The weather had a cold snap last Friday which was expected to come eventually, but I wasn't welcoming it with open arms. But the change in weather has suddenly made me realise my severe clothing shortage - any cold weather in South America was counteracted by wearing 4 t-shirts under my jacket and carrying a big pack around. So unless I load my backpack with rocks and carry it around the tube in London - I'm going to have to invest in some new apparel. Thats where my newly employed personal shopper can step in, a perennial bargain hunter, ex-Monsoon employee of the year and the only person I imagine might have an interest in which rags I choose to drape myself in, Emma. She is however, no longer with us, she is in a new place now, a better place where she will be happy - that would be Uni in Leeds.

The last piece of news is that I'm going to head over to Le Paris (et mange escargots) for a weekend in the near future - £35 via bus, and I'll be sleeping on Rachel's doorstep (that would be Rachel Davies, aka DEST Budget Adviser, AFL star and serial alcoholic - is she still on the DoFA website anyone?? Her proudest moment, awarding herself the PUMA award, for those that remember).

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

A quick check has revealed a yes...

http://www.finance.gov.au/graduates/profiles/rachel.html

And who are these handsome devils?

http://www.finance.gov.au/graduates

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:52:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home