This is my blog. It's been going for a couple of years now. I'll keep writing in it from time to time, often for no particular reason.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Sorted.

After 69 days in England (and three in France) Lucas and I have finally gained employment and a shared room in an apartment.

Things have moved pretty quickly in the last few days. After learning that Lucas was offered a job with Visa starting next week I lugged all my stuff down to London on Thursday morning for a job interview and to look for a flat (regardless of outcome of the job hunt). I was offered the job on Friday morning and asked to start on Monday, then this morning (Saturday) I've sorted a double room in Turnpike lane, sharing with a Spanish guy and a Venezuelan girl (so we get to practice our spanish, yay!), which we'll move into tomorrow morning for our first night of the official begginning to England Phase Two.

Turnpike Lane (like much of London's cheaper suburbs) is dominated by people from non-english speaking backgrounds - and funnily enough the most common language I've heard in this area seems to be Spanish (although lots of Indians around too - I make the assumption they are indian because of the clothes stores selling saris), which is a fantastic coincidence as I'd been asking around if anyone knew of a Spanish quarter in London - and Turnpike Lane appears to be the closest thing there is to such a place.

So within the space of 48 hours I've relocated and restarted the English voyage, where this new ship will take us is unknown, I'm excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home