This is my blog. It's been going for a couple of years now. I'll keep writing in it from time to time, often for no particular reason.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Leh-zy in Leh

I have just written a great long post about the last few days - only to have it lost. I am seething with anger as I have wasted so much time and money sitting here on a damn computer. But I will try and re-write it a little. No actually I can't be bothered. Here is the summary.

Terrible bus ride lying flat on back for 18 hours up to Manali
Stayed in Manali for three nights - it was relaxing, lots of pot-smoking Israelis.
Sickening but awe-inspiring jeep ride from Manali to Leh (most of story focuses on this - really amazing stuff). I spewed, lost hat, lots of bruises, dust everywhere, high passes, steep edges, crazy drivers.
Been in Leh for a few days recovering. 3500 altitude. Very Tibetan. No tourists. Chilly.
Leaving for Srinigar tomorrow. 2 day bus ride.

Thats all. Photos are almost up - another ordeal on these computers.

http://lucas.intercate.net/gallery/India

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh well I guess you didn't expect it to be easy - hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

I am definitely interested to hear what you think about Kashmir.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 6:18:00 am

 
Blogger Nick said...

we are in Srinigar- I am halfway through a post, but must end as it is Friday and Ramadan and today is even more important than most Fridays- so they are closing the shop. Plenty to tell - off to Amritsar via Jammu over the next two days - probably no chance to get on the net again for another few days.

Friday, October 20, 2006 6:14:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home