This is my blog. It's been going for a couple of years now. I'll keep writing in it from time to time, often for no particular reason.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Two thousand and six

I'm not exactly sure what to write for my first post in 2006. The year of 2005 was such a huge year - I can still barely believe that this time last year I was heading back down to the farm to see my parents after a big night out in Brisbane with my brother and sister and all our friends. Actually in remembering that night the first thing that springs to mind is was the presence of John Arneil - I believe that last year the two of us were walking through the streets of Brisbane city at around 7am trying to figure out how we would get home. And again this year Johnny was in the middle of the action as we had turns carrying the other on their shoulders (this was after the bouncers kicked us off the ledge that we were using as a podium). I've been having a good run of new year's eve celebrations actually. The last three have all been memorable events for different reasons. This year was great because I had all my friends from London (consisting of family, friends from Australia, friends from travel, friends from work and other friends we've made in London) under our roof and having a great time. The photos are up....

Gosh I'm rambling now. I had a read of Tracy's blog and she keeps very much more to the point of what she writes about. Anyway - here's a quick summary of what Lucas and I plan for 2006 (should I go off on a tangent about our joint planning and how we are like a married couple? or can you all make that assumption already?):

January - ski trips and some working
February - working and saving (we think this will be the toughest month in 2006 - still freezing)
March - working and saving, my contract expires at the end of March as does our living arrangement in this place and our gym membership - the end of March will be time of change.
April - new house, new job for me, working and saving. Lucas's 25th birthday 'bash'.
May - working, saving, my birthday bonanza.
June - the last month of working and saving
July - Lucas travels to Canada for wedding etc. I do some travel around Europe.
August - GONE. Starting in Turkey we work our way down through the Middle East and then across, up, around and down as much of Asia as is possible.
September - Continuing....
October - Still going....
November - End of November I will fly back to Australia for a week or two for my sister's 21st Birthday and then head back to where we left off from.
December - Lucas will fly back to Australia for Christmas then pick up where we left off from....
2007 - Keep going.....no idea where or when it will end....hopefully never.

That first half of the year looks a tad tedious (apart from the skiing) - but I'm sure it will be filled with mini adventures, escapades and excitement.

For those of you still reading this - it's been a year and you are still with me - as Lucas and I have mentioned before - it means a lot to us that people are interested in what we are doing and every comment on the website or on the photos makes us feel far more connected to our home in Australia. I hope you all have a 2006 full of laughter and excitement.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ingrid and Tom said...

Hey guys!
Found your blog! Had a fantastic time in Morzine and am avoiding sitting on my bruises now I have returned to work!
Hope to head over in June so we will hopefully see you then
:)
Ingrid

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:33:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home